Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Destination Orlando, Florida


It all started in snow.  Back in December 2012 I applied to become a Disney Professional Intern (PI) and little did I realize that just three short months later my dream turned into a reality.  This past March I accepted the offer to become a Professional Intern with the department of Horticulture at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL.  So what am I doing?  Horticulture deals with the art, science, and technology of plants.  Throughout the summer I will be learning from and working along-side Disney Horticulturalist that design and manage the vast themed landscape of the Walt Disney World Resort.  Over the summer I will be involved with plant / pest identification, field studies, seminars, gain experience with the operations and maintenance of horticulture, and lastly complete a creative project to be presented.  After hearing what was in store I began to pack my bags and set sail for the 16 hour trip to the vacation capitol of the world.  The excitement and support from friends and family has been overwhelming and I cannot wait to start my adventure working with one of the largest entertainment companies in the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment